PROSOCIAL is a framework for improving the efficacy of groups that is being developed by the Evolution Institute. It is based on eight core design principles that are needed by most groups whose members must work together to achieve common goals:
- Strong group identity and understanding of purpose.
- Fair distribution of costs and benefits.
- Fair and inclusive decision-making.
- Monitoring agreed-upon behaviors.
- Graduated sanctions for misbehaviors.
- Fast and fair conflict resolution.
- Authority to self-govern.
- Appropriate relations with other groups.
See the new PROSOCIAL website for more information.